Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions
Please ensure that you have read all terms and conditions carefully before making your purchase.
By purchasing any item, you have agreed to the exclusive terms and conditions governing the sales between the Customer and zlights.
- All orders placed through this web site are subject to confirmation and acceptance by zlights.com.au
- While zlights endeavours to bring you the best possible prices, due to the nature of the lighting industry, we reserve the right to change prices without notice at any time. zlights reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders, whether or not the order has been confirmed and payment made. If payment has been made for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we will notify you immediately and refund the amount paid immediately. We will inform you as soon as possible of any changes in prices, or cancellation of orders.
- The zlights website, may have variations in price.
- The prices listed on the website are on-line prices only, and are dispatched straight from a warehouse to you. This saves overheads of running a brick-and-mortar store, and the savings are passed on to you.
- Prices may vary at any time, and we will not be liable to refund any differences in price if an item’s price changes post-sale.
- Every effort will be made to satisfy your order in the soonest time possible. If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will notify you Immediately.
- In this instance, your order will be placed on back order.
- We strongly recommend, that you always contact us before placing your order, if you have an availability concern, or on a deadline, as not all items are in-stock at all times. We try our best to keep all items in-stock, however times may arise where we may be caught out with an item. In this case, your item will be ordered, and as soon as it arrives into our warehouse, it will be promptly shipped straight to you.
3. Delivery & Shipping
- We will do our best to deliver your order promptly. Once funds have cleared into our account, most items will be dispatched within 1-5 business days.
- Orders will be delivered to the address specified by you.
- Deliveries will be made to you by our contracted delivery drivers. Our preferred courier companies are based on suppliers existing supply chains, which include TNT, DFE, Couriers Please, Auspost and Toll
- While all care is taken in the packaging and postage of your purchase, we will assume no liability for any late delivery. In addition, this does not constitute a return nor a refund.
- Missing or damaged goods while in transit, will be processed according to the terms and conditions of the courier company. Claims will only be recognised within 48hrs of the delivery.
- If you choose not to give ‘Authority to Leave’ the goods and you are not available for collecting your item at the time of delivery, you will be liable (if charged by the Courier) to pay any additional fees associated with your parcel being sent out any consecutive times.
4. Pictures & Product Descriptions.
- Pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
- Whilst every effort is made to make product descriptions as accurate as possible, errors may unintentionally occur.
- Various computers and preset screen resolutions, may cause product mis-representations. This maybe caused by the angle the photo was taken, the camera flash, etc.
- If your purchase is of a very specific nature, and you require clarification on any item specifications, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours, before making your purchase.
5. Payment Details
- We accept the following methods of payment online: Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard), Paypal & Afterpay
- You can also pay by Cash, Paypal, Credit Card, Bank Transfer or Debit Card if the item is to be picked up from our Hurstville Sydney Office.
6. Secure Credit Card Payments & Refunds
- For security reasons we do not keep your credit card details on record.
- Once your transaction has been completed, we do not have access to your credit card information. This is strictly regulated by the banking authorities.
- If a refund is required, and payment was made by credit card, in some instances we may have to refund the amount paid into a bank account.
- Your credit card details are safe and secure. All credit card information is encoded using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, an encryption protocol that protects data as it travels over the Internet.
- There may be times, where we may have to contact you to verify you as the card holder.
- zlights shall not be liable to the Customer, or to any other person whomsoever, for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with the Products, other than expressly imposed by statute in terms of which it is not possible to limit or exclude liability.
- zlights expressly excludes liability for consequential loss or damage including but not limited to loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings.
8. Changes To Terms
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, without prior written notice. Therefore, please check these terms and conditions carefully each time you place an order with or accept delivery of any goods from zlights.
9. Applicable Law.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales
10. Returns Policy, Order Cancellations & Warranties
- Individual product warranties are noted within each product description, and apply from the date of purchase.
- Advertised warranty periods, relate to domestic installations, unless the product was selected from our commercial range of products. In this case, the advertised warranty period shall apply.
- Warranty on Globes other than LED is Nil, unless found to be DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- LED Globes that are faulty carry a replacement warranty. A replacement warranty is a one for one warranty. It is the customer’s responsibility to return faulty items to us, along with a pre-paid Australia Post satchel for its return to you. We are not liable for any freight costs involved in returning warranty items to you. In addition, you may contact the manufacturer of the globes for warranty replacements.
- Ceiling Fan warranties are covered by their respective brands. If you have an issue with a ceiling fan, call the manufacturer and they will handle the warranty claim from there. Do not send or return the ceiling fan to the store.
- All warranties are void, if NOT installed by a licensed electrician. In Australia, it is Illegal to perform electrical work without the appropriate electrical licenses.
- Any items returned for warranty, must be accompanied by:
- A Returns Authority Email supplied by zlights
- Original proof of purchase, and
- A copy of the electrical certificate issued for the installation of these items by a licensed electrician.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to organise a returned item to us. This means packaging it appropriately and paying for the freight costs.
- While all care is taken in the packaging and postage of your purchase, we will attend to breakages and faulty fittings ASAP. In addition, this does not constitute a refund, only a replacement.
- Postage fees are non refundable.
- For any items that are either “Damaged in Transit” or “Dead on Arrival” you must contact us within 24 hours of remittance. These items will be replaced as soon as the necessary procedures have been adopted.
- All events such as physical damage, abuse, misuse, unauthorised repair or tampering with a product may prevent a product from being accepted as a fault under warranty.
- Items selected for purchase in error: It is the buyers responsibility to notify us of cancellation within 24 hours of placing the order.
- Change of mind or Order Cancellation: It is the buyers responsibility to notify us of cancellation within up to 24 hours of receipt of goods. If items are to be returned, it is recommend that you return the items via an insured mail service for your protection at your cost. Any refund for an order that is cancelled or for any items that are returned shall be calculated at less 20% re-stocking, processing and handling fee, and a store voucher issued for the balance of the order.
- If a registered service is not used, and/or we do not receive the returned item, then we will assume no responsibility for the loss.
- It may take up to 10 business days to process your return after we receive your item.
- We reserve the right to charge you to collect the goods and to charge you for any damage that may have occurred whilst the goods have been in your possession.
- Once the returned item is tested, if found to be not faulty, a reissue fee of 20% of the item price plus postage will be payable by the customer before we re-dispatch the items.
- Where the goods are listed as “Sale/Clearance”, then these items cannot be returned nor a credit or exchange issued at all.
- If you have ordered an item that requires assembly or customisation (this will be noted as special delivery conditions apply), these orders cannot be cancelled, returned nor refunded.
Use of the information and data contained on this website is at your sole risk. The information and data on this website is subject to change without notice. ZLIGHTS.COM.AU makes no representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this website. ZLIGHTS.COM.AU accepts no liability for any use of the said information and data or reliance placed on it. ZLIGHTS.COM.AU makes no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the sustainability of the said information and data for any particular purpose. ZLIGHTS.COM.AU makes no warranties that the information and data is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.